Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sock Cuff Paint Helper

I painted my living room and dining room awhile ago and I like to freehand paint, but sometimes I got it where it wasn't supposed to go, normal stuff. So, I had a rag with me, but I kept leaving it behind or it wouldn't dry in my pocket so I'd pull it out to use and just smear wet paint, etc.

So, I found a really handy type rag for this. I have a whole bunch of sock tops left over from my make a rug out of socks project in my rag box. So, I put it on my wrist and it was immediately available to pull up and use to wipe off excess paint and dried quickly. I think I used three of these, one per gallon of paint. Then I just threw them away.

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

That is a great idea. Painting can be so messy!!