Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Homemade Pedialyte

My mother's day gift was a trip to the ER with my toddler who had an ear infection, but I came away with a Making Do tip straight from the ER doctor.

Instead of Pedialyte or Gatorade (these have artificial ingredients) for a vomiting or high fever child, he just takes a small glass of water and puts in three pinches of sugar and three pinches of salt. He uses this for his own kids instead of the pre-made expensive stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The doc in India said make super mushy rice (for my 8 month old) with extra water and add a pinch of salt, works if you don't want to add sugar to the diet of the child.

Bloggers said...

I got the same thing for my Mothers day!! My son is 2 and had an ear infection. Poor things. It makes them so miserable. Thank you for sharing this tip.