Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Curtain Produce Bag

So, if you want to take along your own reusable grocery sacks to the store (See how I made some from a t-shirt here), what about a reusable produce bag for your romaine lettuce, tomatoes or onions?

I took a sheer curtain that got a few runs in it with the help of a kitten. One side was still ok.


I folded it in half and cut 11"wide rectangles. The length was whatever my curtain length was halved, probably 25". I was able to cut three from the curtain avoiding the tears.


Fold them inside out and sew up both sides and then turn them right side out again. Super simple! Put produce inside and tie a knot to keep it in there. The produce is just visible enough to make out what it is. If there is a number the clerk needs to read, then I would probably not knot it since I am not sure I could make it out with the sheerness of this particular curtain.


Stuff these in your reusable grocery bags to make sure they go with you to the store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! Thanks for the tip!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently bought 4 short panels of white sheers at a thrift store for $2 for this specific reason... to make reusable produce bags.

I was able to make 8 bags from one panel. So when these wear our, I've got more panels to make some to replace them.