Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Ramen Noodle Soup Stock

I am not sure if anyone else is as weird as my hubby, but he doesn't drink his Ramen noodle soup, he sticks the noodles on a piece of bread to eat and leaves the soup behind. Maybe no one else in the world does this, but there are other times I haven't used the soup stock. Sometimes I use the the noodles as an emergency substitute in other recipes or when feeding them to my toddler, I don't give her the soup. So, if you have leftover ramen noodle soup broth, freeze it in a leftover kitchen container (I use my country crock tubs). I throw all of the different kinds in there (We mainly eat the pork and oriental ones). When I have enough, I make soup adding a little extra beef broth if necessary. I substitute this for beef broth recipes.

FYI - The packet of soup seasoning is the practically the same price as bouillon. If you can use the noodles for other recipes and the soup seasoning as stock, the noodles are basically free.

Here's a very simple soup that I usually make with this.

1 lb. hamburger
spices for hamburger (I use broiled steak seasoning)
1/2 cup small pasta
5 cups beef broth (or Ramen broth!)
2 cups frozen veggies (Frozen Veggie Mix)
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook noodles according to package. Brown hamburger with its seasoning then drain. Place broth, cooked hamburger, veggies and seasoning in large pot. Bring to boil then, cover and simmer 5 min. Drain pasta and add to soup. Serve.

1 comment:

~Moi~ said...

Sounds good!!

I do have to laugh though. Although I DO drink the broth from the instant noodles, I ALSO love to eat them (noodles) on the a piece of bread. LOL YUM!!!!!!