Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Manilla File Folder Dividers

Probably the first time in my adult life that I made do with the not so new was when I realized I had to put ourselves on a budget. We had just moved to a new state and was making $10,000 more a year and yet the checkbook balance was still always close to zero. Where was all the new money going? So, I made myself a budget book. I needed dividers for all my separate accounts that I wanted to keep track of. Did I really want to go spend money on dividers for something that was supposed to keep me from spending money frivolously? So this is what I came up with.

I took old manila folders. I tore off the top without the divider tab. (I threw this away at that time, but now I would keep it for scrap paper for the toddler to color on or scratch paper.)

Then I cut off the edges of the folder to make it small enough to fit inside of my three hole punch.


Then I three hole punched it and it was ready to be labeled and placed in the binder!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you take another folder, cut it in half and tape it across the bottom and sides of the file folder, it makes a regular folder.